Sunday, April 06, 2008

And the hits just keep on comin'

This is to all my friends and family I have not talked to in a few weeks...yes, we are still alive although at times it has been hard to just breath.
So Jeff and I return from Texas physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted late Sunday night (3/16). All we wanted was to relax for a few days however some JERK (who KNEW his brakes were not working) hit Jeff's car while he was stopped at a light on Monday (3/17). The car was towed to our house and we began dealing with the insurance company, juggling cars, renting cars and trying to straighten things out. On Wednesday, as Jeff tried to open the garage door, the track (that raises the door) came loose, the nuts and bolts hit Jeff in the head and the track CAME OUT OF THE WALL!!!! So once we were able to get the garage fixed, get the car to the body shop, the adjuster made his finial assessment, Jeff's car is totalled! Needless to say this with a number of other "hits" has left "our cup" empty.
So yes, we are still alive, just trying to take care of us...some days that takes all we got. We will be back to ourselves in no time, resuming phone calls, dinner invites and travel plans.
One of the few positive things in all this is that Jeff and I have grown closer and stronger; not just as a couple but WOW...God is faithful. No things are not perfect or even fixed but he provides funds, support and a spirit of calmness. Thanks Father for your faithfulness!!
Ok, pictures below for those who want to join us in morning the lose of Jeff's car.

Ok, so this kid (again who KNEW his brakes did not work and put brake fluid into his car after the police left) hit Jeff so hard the frame is bent...thus equally no more car.

So this is his car, while waiting for police he gave Jeff his resume...hey, anyone want to hire the guy who hit Jeff?

3 comments:

Gina said...

SO sorry about all your stress! Isn't God so good to provide calm during the storm? I'm grateful you are relying on Him. Email me sometime, I can't check my NC email anymore. I have my exit interview on Tuesday, I decided not to return to work. =)

Tamra said...

Wow. So...good thing y'all didn't get Jeffy's car all fixed up prior to this lovely fiasco?

Katie said...

yeah...we did! It was undriveable until the Wednesday I left for your wedding. He drove it Wed, then left for TX and was hit the first full day he was driving it. $800...down the drain (yeah, we got NONE of that back).