Friday, May 30, 2008

Ear candle time!

Many moons ago, when Tam & I lived in the ghetto, we were joined by several friends as we caved to the current trend and burned fire on our heads. Ok, really we used ear wax candles; it was the coolest and grossest thing all at once! A few weeks ago the Haydens were with the Sanfords and ear candles came up again. So...I made a stop by the local health food store, got some special candles and a few nights later we lit up. Unfortunatly it was late so Jeffrey has not experienced the wild crackling and popping however he did see all nastyness that was magicly pulled from me ear (not seen below). When he does, I'll post his pictures too.







Oh, and this is the burnt spot that now resides on our carpet. I guess using a paper plate to put out the flame was not the best choice (wink, wink)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband has mocked me incessantly for using the ear candle. He contends that the wax in the candle -- evidence of it pulling wax from your ears -- is actually a result of the candle burning down. As I don't want to spend the money to burn a candle without an ear attached, I have no idea whether he is correct. But...those are his 2 cents, money-laundered through me. :)

Anonymous said...

That looks so scary, but fun. I will have to try it sometime. Thanks for the inspiration! :)