Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Happy Birthday Day To Me...
For those of you who have not yet heard, I turn 30 in just a few days. Now one might think I was aware of this years ago, however it was only a few months ago that I was sitting at dinner with my youngest brother Philip (who will be 25 on June 7th) and he made some comment about me turning 30; as he kept talking I did not hear anything he said. I then made him stop and talk with me about turning 30. Since that day I seem to fluctuate, at times drastically, in my feelings about this upcoming event. I hear there are great things about being in the "30 club" however, I have to say (that although I TOTALLY ENJOY my small family of Jeff, Max and I) I get a bit sad when I recall my mother's 30th birthday (black balloons, "over the hill" cake, wheel chair and big party) there will be no children to remember my turning 30 (which maybe a good thing too:)). God and I have been talking about this topic a lot and as this 30th birthday celebration fastly approaches, I think I'm ready. Ready to be "Thirty, Flirty and Thriving".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You have to set a positive example for me. I'm really trying to embrace 30. It's practically the new 20 anyway. :)
30 is great. On my 30th birthday I was holding my sweet crying baby, who now I know was crying because she was hungry...poor little sweet thing. Anyway, you can be grateful you won't have a starving crying baby and you can celebrate in style. There was no style to my 30th (but you know I wouldn't have changed it for the world!!).
Post a Comment