Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Christmas pictures

I asked pops (that's my father) to send me pictures from the holiday and here is what he sent.
For years, tradition has been that on Christmas Eve my family joins 6 other families to celebrate Christ, friendship and family. When we were younger, the night would typically include games, the telling of the Christmas story, making and decorating of sugar cookies for Santa as well as a dirty Santa game. These families have been an active part of my spiritual heritage and as I have grown up Christmas Eve has become a memory I cherish. Now Christmas Eve seems to be the only time I connect with this group all year. Every year each family gathers to take a family photo. This photo includes the bio-family as well as extras that joined the nights’ festivities. As you can see the first photo my family is missing 2 bio-members (Robert and Natasha had to stay in KS for church). However there are 2 non-bio-members in the picture; my boyfriend Jeff and Philip's girlfriend Tara. The other picture is of the kids...Most years, the mothers want all kids to gather and take a picture. This picture is the smallest one yet as the "kids" are getting married/engaged and having to split holidays. Again, I am not sure I like this whole being a big girl thing.



Posted by Picasa