Sunday, January 01, 2006

Holiday review

I know, I know I’m a few hours late…let me tell you why. I have 3 words and 1 conjunction…Scrubs and Gilmore Girls!!! Yesterday I grabbed lappie and started to write however I was totally focused on the witty entertainment.
So let me tell you about things that were different about the holidays…First there was Christmas Eve w/o my brother Robert and best friend Julie then Christmas, aside from it being on a Sunday, Jeff and I shared the day with each of other and our families.
Christmas Eve traditionally is spent with family by choice eating finger foods and playing dirty Santa. This year Robert and Natasha were not in town along with Julie and Chris. However Zane stopped by with his fiancée Carla, Dana’s b-friend was present for a bit and David picked up his g-friend for the dirty Santa. The kids I use to baby-sit and change their diapers are now in high school/college and have significant others. Not spending much time w/ people outside of once a year, you notice lots of changes. It was good and I enjoyed it but was also made aware of age differences and life goals. (Maybe I was just a little too deep for Christmas Eve).
Christmas Day: This was the first year I did not wake up and join my family to investigate what Santa left in our stockings (that’s right Santa still fills our stockings every year). I did wake up and join Jeff’s family in the kitchen for dinner prep and breakfast. Post events with his family, we drove to Moore to attend church with my family then had lunch, opened presents, play games and relax. My younger cousin Leatha, who is Robert’s age, is pregnant, with child, there’s a bun in the oven…it’s just weird (for several reasons).
While the day was different, it was a good day, I am truly blessed to have family and friends with such great intentions and/or quality hearts. When I get pictures, I will post those for your viewing pleasure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i still treasure my twister blanket from last year's dirty santa. :)

curious to hear the real dirt from all the family time....hehehehe.

Katie said...

Now Tam, would it be smart to publicly post family dirt? I think not. And this year I got a mini massager…tee hee hee.

Anonymous said...

shoot, i would never suggest publicly posting family dirt! i really meant HEAR -- as in hear you tell me on our next phone date. give me some credit!!!

i'll refrain from making any comments about the massager. they keep coming out dirty-sounding in my head. :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Gm  buick luzerne appliances botox treatments in southport merseyside Used mitsubishi trenton nj Guide partitioning hard drives Latina latina ionamin