Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Peter Cotton Tail...

So last weekend, Gram and I went to Dallas allowing us to spend Easter with my parents. My mother surprised me with my easter basket (since like 1979) filled with great easter fun. Oh and do not think that my 89 year old grandmother was left out, she too awoke to find an easter basket for her.
I remember many an easter that included a new dress, sometimes a hat, lots of pictures, time at Nana and Papa's house where we would eat then little pastel colored aluminum chocolate eggs would be hid by Papa, Uncle Wayne and Daddy. The adults would then allow the "hunting" of eggs by Robert, Philip, my cousins Leatha and Micheal and me of course. My first Easter at school was SO sad to miss the day. After graduation I almost cried when mom told me we were too old to have the hunt...we hunted that year. Last year, mom and dad had just moved to Texas but Jeff and I were invited to spend the afternoon with the Nate, Leah, Desmond and Leah Native American family with several little kids. It was super to watch little D run around the yard gathering eggs and being SO proud for each addition to his basket. I love Easter and the time allotted for family, both as a little and big girl. Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Krista said...

haha...I miss easter with my family too. Being a grown up is not so much fun around the holidays. However, my mother mailed me a hot pink easter basket this year full of things that all little kids like (including silly putty). I laughed at the thought of me, a 25 year old girl, playing with silly putty. I'm so not too old for that!

Anonymous said...

as one who got to crash an easter extravaganza at nana and papa's house, i have to tell you the food was yummy, the company was fantastic, and the egg hunt really was a blast -- especially since the ginormous klutts kids allowed me to find some low-lying eggs. :)

Katie said...

As if we would not allow our "sister tammy" to join in. You are family!

Anonymous said...

So true, so true! Gag a maggot, by the by.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Auto kia used mcafee parental control hummer dealerships

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Gifts and collectibles stationery wedding putnam house Blood+high+natural+pressure+treatment

Anonymous said...

What a great site jeep air suspension Nursery+area+rug 1996 ford mustang gt convertible Protonix drip shipped world wide save 80 Roche valium in fioricet Buy or viagra